Sunday, October 09, 2005

Hot Pursuit

God, I love life again. I asked to be spared damnation, You shower me with blessings.

"We have almost forgotten that God is a person and, as such, can be cultivated as any person can. It is inherent in personality to be able to know other personalities, but full knowledge of one personality by another cannot be achieved in one encounter. It is only after long and loving mental intercourse that the full possibilities of both can be explored.| All social intercourse between human beings is a response of personality to personality, grading upward from the most casual brush between man and man to the fullest, most intimate communion of which the human soul is capable of."
- A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

Great, great book; fitting that I happened to be compelled to pick it up on such a great, great weekend. Today was such an awesome day. Yesterday was also mind-blowing. This weekend has been so great. Highlights include: all the times together and drawing in chalk.
I enjoyed it, when we sat outside in the cold, cold night, eating and talking about everything and nothing at all. Those unperturbed moments with you are what remind and reaffirm to me that there is a God who loves and cares and knows and blesses, not to mention a God that certainly knows what He's doing. He flaunts the mastery of the skill with every shape of your face, every line of your body, every chamber of your mind, and every glimmer of your eyes... La la la la la...
Dude, I can't even think straight right now. I'm just kind of... lost in the pure joy of the moment. Oh, you enticing, playful soul. Those glances you gave lasted just long enough to acknowledge my pursuit, hinting at your enjoyment of it, without attesting to anything at all, keeping me guessing. What a fight you put up, but my determination to seek you out until attainment or your determination to let me get you or a mix of both led to what I think was quite a momentous way of ending the night. I'm sure the memory of our first true embrace shall run through my mind many, many more times before this cloud I'm on returns to earth.
Chasing after You, and chasing after you.

Labels:

Thoughts:

15:34, Blogger quierdo:

awww.. sometimes i feel like i receive too much nice comments. i really liked the chalk thingy it made me =) and i won't forget it either =).

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.