Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Belle Dame sans Merci

What is this power you have over me? What is it about you that captivates me? Is it your eyes? Your smile? Your sweet scent or your billowing hair? No, it must your personality, yes that must be it.

A delicate tuft of dandelion fluff, close enough to reach to but yet so hard to catch. Should I even try? Sometimes I'd wonder why. In the end, all I'll do is stand still, hoping the winds of fate will keep us together. But who am I but a fool, to have thought that something meant for free would stay here with me? I'm sure you're much better off drifting here, dawdling there, and ultimately lingering everywhere and nowhere.

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.