Thursday, November 17, 2005

Please Rub the Sleep from My Eyes

"Hey dickhead, wake the f*** up."
"...Just a little while longer."
"There's no time for sleep. Get up or miss the ***damn train."
"What? I... I can't... get up..."
"Yes you can. Now if any bit of you is still a man, get the **** up and go!"
"But... I feel like grap..."
"Who cares?! That's not important now! The important thing is you get up and get out there!"
"This is really happening isn't it...?"
"No s*** dumbf***. But you can stop it, if you want. Do you?!"
"No s*** dumbf***. But I... I can't seem to break this... I'm so sleepy..."
"You can drink some coffee or I can beat some sense into you. Or you can sleep and let it slip through your fingers again."
"...This isn't the last time, is it?"
"Who knows?! Who gives a s***?! What's important is you pick your-f***ing-self up and you get the Hell out there and prove yourself. Every time. Bar none."
"...Think I can pull it off this time?"
"If it were up to just you? Yeah, I know you could probably do it. ...But this kinda thing depends on both of the sides."
"I certainly didn't get out of bed to go down again without a fight. I'm gonna give em a run for their money this time."
"Good man. Make me proud."

---

You sure know what scares me. That was just what I needed. So teach me through example as I learn to smile again.

EDIT: P.O.D. lyrics for Set It Off.

Our time has come.
Set it off.

Rise, let your spirit fly.
Rise, stand up for yourself.
Rise, hold your head up high.

Our time has come.
Set it off.

...
We made it this far don’t you quit on me.

- P.O.D., Set It Off


EDIT: And... wait for it... wait for it... crash.

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.