Friday, January 28, 2005

the girl i love got long black wavy hair.


(click to see a larger view)


i'm breaking my back just to know your name, but i know this feeling that i have inside of me: my belly's burning and it's turning, don't you see? you're an extraordinary girl but i lack the courage in my mind. you make me feel so alive that i think, "heads or tails?" fairy tales in my mind... when i sleep, i dream and it gets me by.

i thought i ran into you down on the street the other day but then it turned out to only be a dream. It’s like a bittersweet migrane in my head; take away this sensation inside. i can't take this feeling anymore: this sensation is overwhelming.

she's so confident that she's what everybody wants, but nobody wants her to know that. seventeen tries and i've had it with this game. just give me what i want and no one gets hurt. no more standing around, i've said it, "get off your ass and we'll go get it, you'll see. take a chance on me."

my hope dangles on a string, like slow spinning redemption. my heart's yours to fill or burst, to break or bury...

hands down, this is the best day i can remember. i thought about you in my bed last night: might as well have jammed the forceps in my eyes and kept them open through the night. in my dreams i have cried at your feet. tell me, was it wasted
? we’re too deep now to ever swim against the current, so let’s drift away...

look into my eyes, see my heart that’s raced from self control... i don’t know why it’s hard now... don't tell me that i won't feel a thing... i guess this is what it's like when worlds collide.

i see what you're doing to me. why did you have to look the other way? i walked with you, talked with you, i still can't help but thinking... all the things that i've regretted, all the places i was headed with you... i know that you don’t care but i want you to know: i’ll always remember the sound of the stereo, the dim of the soft lights, the scent of your hair... it could've been you so easily...

i remember when it was breaking my heart, even though then i was falling apart. and your drugs are bleeding, so sweet yet fleeting but my memories are sinking...


i remember the face but i can’t recall the name, and now i wonder how whatsername has been... i’ll never turn back time if my memories serve me right. if i could find a souvenir, just to prove the world was here, here it is: a broken heart. i think of you and let it go...

credits: dashboard confessionals, gob, goldfinger, greenday, led zeppelin, pilate, powerman 5000, relient k, the killers, thousand foot krutch, u2, yellowcard, and any artist/band i might've missed.

Labels: , , , ,

Thoughts:

16:02, Blogger Unknown:

no puns intended whatsoever.

 
22:42, Blogger ten:

YEAH YEAH THATS GINNNGGGGGGGG
too bad i only recognize she's so confident that she's what everybody wants, but nobody wants her to know that and and that hands down thing.. and the filling and bursting of heart =s

YEAHHHH (lack of vocab.. not VAST enough)

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.