Sunday, November 20, 2005

Emo Lvl. 2/4 - Whoever said...

..."Relient K isn't emo." was horribly mistaken. Oh don't worry, I'm not really feeling all that emo right now - at least not to me. Then again, the last time I judged myself (i.e. five seconds ago), I said that I didn't feel excruciatingly lonely. That sets me at 0 for 2. I'm the biggest loser in the world, which explains why I'm always last place everywhere. I sure hope I've never made anyone feel the way I do now, though I already know I have.

Excuse me, but I've got a request.
Could you take the gag off of my mouth?
I admit, that I'm fairly impressed,
'Cause you're the best at blocking me out.

I believe, that we weren't quite done.
I know it's hard to hear me out again.
I realize, you're not the only one,
Who's terrified of life from end to end.

Hey hey, can you hear anything I say?
I'm feeling unwanted; that's not what I wanted,
And attention to me is something you refuse to pay.

'Cause I just can't believe the way,
that this continues to go on.
I say, "I wish you didn't always think I'm wrong."

So tell me, tell me what will it take,
To get this through your head.
And tell me what will it take,
Until you see things through from end to end.

Excuse me, but isn't this the way,
That things always turn into something good?

You've tried to, ignore the things I say,
But in the end you found you never could.

Hey hey, can you hear anything I say?
You search for the short-cut, you live life but for what?
I love you and hope you will find the truth some day.
'Cause I just can't believe the way,
That this continues to go on.
I say, "I wish you didn't always think I'm wrong."

So tell me, tell me what will it take,
To get this through your head.
And tell me what will it take,
Until you see things through from end to end.

So tell me, tell me what will it take,
To get this through your head.
And tell me what will it take,
To get you on my good side again.


And tell me what will it take,
To get this through your head.
And tell me what will it take,
To forget what you knew,
Just let him find you.


And then you'll see things through,
From end to end.

- Relient K, From End to End


While I'm quoting Relient K, I might as well quote some other lines.

"Maybe it's them, or maybe it's me. Or maybe it's Maybelline."
(Maybe It's Maybelline) - No one ever wins the Blame Game, so why do I want to play?

"You're the only One that understands completely. You're the only One who knows me yet still loves me completely."
(I Am Understood?) - Agreed.

"And I won't sit back, and take this anymore, 'Cause I'm done with that. I've got one foot out the door, and to go back where I was would just be wrong. I'm pressing on."
(Pressing On) - "Vent radioactive gas?" | "No." | "Meltdown imminent.".

"The way that girl can break a heart, it’s like a work of art ... Live your life for those you love ... And I'm still waiting for you to be the one I'm waiting for."
(The One I'm Waiting For) - The acoustic version of this song really brings out the emo vibes that were always hiding in this song.

"And even though I'm angry I can still say I know my heart will break the day when you peel out and drive away. I can't believe this happened."
(Which to Bury; Us of the Hatchet) - This would be a shameful way to die. Hurting, but I'm scared to even think of the brand new world of pain death would bring.

"All because you're giving me a breakdown. Stuck on the side of the road; emotional overload. He'll seek and destroy everything that I enjoy but I won't be the one he takes down. No, I won't breakdown."
(Breakdown)

"We see the problem and the risk, but nothing's solved. We just say, 'Tisk, tisk, tisk,' and, 'Shame, shame, shame.'"
(Down In Flames)

"It seems to get much colder when you cry on your own shoulder ... I'm trapped and I am enclosed but I won't complain ... He tries to be a better someone that understands the difference and that he can't show all the people all the things that really mean as much as he could feel ... To be a better friend. To be a better son."
(Jefferson, Aero Plane) - "It doesn't count if it's with yourself."

"Should I start this song off with a question, or should I say what's on my mind? (Add a cello here to add a sad impression). 'Cause I'm not looking forward to leaving my friends all behind."
(My Way Or The Highway...) - Don't get me wrong, I know I should be thankful to God for giving friends - at all - but sometimes I just feel a bit too alienated from them to truly be a friend of theirs; more of an acquaintance by their actions.

"I was thinking (overthinking) about exactly how I'm not exactly Him. I'll break my heart in two more times than you could ever do ... On a one track mind, and You're so out of touch 'cause I'm so far behind ... 'Cause after all of the sparks you're still alone in the dark."
(Overthinking) - Wow, talk about dead-on.

"Jesus, I pray: just know what I'm tryin' to say. Jesus, I plead: please purify me, make my heart clean, drench me with Your mercy. Jesus, I pray: I love You, I need You. For the rest of my days I swear I will seek You. To the best of my ability I'm practicing humility, and I lay myself before (You), 'cause less is more."
(Less Is More) - Humility is something I need. I'm sorry for all this. I really am, so I'll try harder - the next time I'm smashed, kicked, and hurt by dear and scarce friends - to not complain about it, to shut the Hell up, and to turn the other cheek and take the beating like the sack of crap that I am.

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.