Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Here's a throwback

...to the olden days of grade six.

Crawling in my skin. These wounds they will not heal.
Fear is how I fall, confusing what is real.

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing.
This lack of self-control I fear is never ending.
Controlling, I can't seem...

To find myself again. My walls are closing in.
(without a sense of confidence and I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take)
I've felt this way before, so insecure.

Discomfort endlessly has pulled itself upon me.
Distracting, reacting.
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection.
It's haunting how I can't seem...

- Linkin Park, Crawling


Now, I know what you people might say. "Linkin Park?! Tsk tsk. How 1990's." Well, I just realized, upon hearing this one song out of my 640+ songs on my playlist, that these guys are kinda emo. They're emo, and screamo. Maybe not uber populat, but it worked for their target audience of self-proclaimed angry 11-13 year-old teenage boys back then. *shrug* I like how Siu Tahm Guong Dong Wah makes a direct reference to Linkin Park when they talk about putting some "Leenkeen Pahk" as background music for a basketball fight caught on tape... Anyway, late starts are kinda fun.

Labels:

Thoughts:

17:07, Blogger blkmage:

Apparently, livejournal and linkin park are the emo mascots of the Internet. At one of the forums I visit, whenever someone says something emo-y, one of the members goes "CRAAAAAAAAAWLING IIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIINNNN."

 
23:31, Blogger gusto5:

LP may be 1990s, but its the most quoted band ive seen by far.

 
17:26, Blogger mrs. bloom:

LOLLL i like linkin park and im not a boy XD ..... but the best song is numb =)

 
22:56, Blogger ten:

one thing, i dont nkow why, it doesnt even matter how hard you try :D

i know that one.. its.. what.. um..
yeah. the name escaped me right now

 
23:10, Blogger Unknown:

In The End. Good song.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.