Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Hybrid Theory

remember the time i overview'd the FUCT -- love the way that acronym sounds, btw -- lyrics? well, here's my tribute to my very first record bought, Hybrid Theory by the Linkin Park boys. i realize they are emo, but that is quite alright by my standards.
Why does it feel like night today?
Something in here's not right today.
[...] But I know just what it feels like
To have a voice in the back of my head.
Like a face that I hold inside,
A face that awakes when I close my eyes,
A face watches every time I lie.
A face that laughs every time I fall,
And watches everything.
- Papercut

I cannot take this anymore.
I'm saying everything I've said before.
[...] I find the answers aren't so clear.
Wish I could find a way to disappear.
[...] Nothing seems to go away.
Over and over again.

- One Step Closer

A little taste of hypocrisy,
And I’m left in the wake of the mistake; slow to react.
Even though You’re so close to me,
You’re still so distant; and I can’t bring You back.

- With You

Forfeit the game, before somebody else
Takes you out of the frame, puts your name to shame.
Cover up your face, you can't run the race.
The pace is too fast, you just won't last.

- Points of Authority

Fear is how I fall.
[...] This lack of self-control I fear is never ending.
[...] Discomfort, endlessly, has pulled itself upon me.
Distracting, reacting.
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection.
It's haunting how I can't seem...
To find myself again, my walls are closing in.
- Crawling

All my talk of taking action, these words were never true.
Now I find myself in question. They **I point the finger at me again.
Guilty by association,You **I point the finger at me again.

- Runaway

If I turn my back I’m defenseless. And to go blindly seems senseless.
[...] If I let them go, I’ll be outdone. But if I try to catch them, I’ll be outrun.
If I’m killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I’ll be buried in the silence of the answer, by myself.
- By Myself

It starts with one thing; I don’t know why,
It doesn’t even matter how hard You **I try.
[...] I had to fall to lose it all.
[...] Remembering all the times You fought with me.
I’m surprised it got so far.

Things aren’t the way they were before.
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore.
- In The End

I watch how the Moon sits in the sky, in the dark night,
Shining with the light from the Sun **Son.
The Sun doesn't give light to the Moon assuming
The Moon’s going to owe it one.
It makes me think of how You act to me.
- Place For My Head

A little piece of paper with a picture drawn floats
On down the street till the wind is gone.
The memory now is like the picture was then:
When the paper’s crumpled up it can’t be perfect again.
In the memory You’ll find me, eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly,
Until the Sun **Son rises up.

- Forgotten

Everything falls apart.
Even the people who never frown
Eventually break down.
[...] The sacrifice is never knowing...
Why I **You never walked away.
Why I **You played myself **Yourself this way.

- Pushing Me Away
good stuff. good, hard, emo stuff.

Labels: ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.