Saturday, April 08, 2006

Responsibilities

Since my rents + sister have left for HK, I've had to take care of myself + home + my three beautiful cats. Some things I've had to do that I've never realized had to be done regularly include: getting the mail, bagging and disposing of garbage, washing of dishes and pots and pans, cooking of [hopefully proper] food, shovelling of cat crap, feeding of cats, watering of cat pans, planning of dinners and whatnot, cleaning of house, doing of laundry, and a load of other stuff that my mommy did for me until now. This whole thing with them being gone has really started to foster a craving in me for interaction and emotional/ mental intercourse (not like, mind-sex or anything like that, but more like talking and living with someones other than my kitties) with others. Today marks exactly one week before they come back. Now, I'm not sure if I should be happy about their return. Part of me likes this sense of personal-responsibility, where I'm pretty much the only one in charge of what happens to me, but I also miss them quite a lot.
Seeing as how I have managed to stay "alive" (physically at least) so far, I am convinced that my parents have not failed in raising a child that can take care of himself. On the other hand, I am still quite in need of their supervision and parenting for me to actually become a real grown-up. Yeah, I'm admitting that I am still very... "immature". I plan on never living alone for long periods of time later on. I'll move out of my parents' place and straight into an apartment with a roommate. If/when I finish post-secondary, I'll get married to a super-fab lady and then we'll live together. I'm not to fond about living totally alone and whatnot, as there's no one to monitor what I do at home and to keep me accountable (and you know, to wash the dishes and clothes).
In short, I think... I miss my mommy. >_O

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.