Sunday, April 02, 2006

Ten Thousand Regrets

There You stood in disbelief,
Trying all You could to see through these lies.
And every word that I could breathe,
Would find You more inclined to leave, but I tried.
And knowing what I've done to You,
With every thought You suffer through,
My heart as black as evil can.

And everything I could have been,
Erased by what I wanted then.
I couldn't think a lesser man.

All the delicate ways
That I deepened our graves.
My apology pales.

Oh, the pain in Your eyes,
My regrets have never known such sorrow.
Oh, the **my shame that You hide,
Resolutions are the same tomorrow.


So now I reap what I have sewn,
And any rapture I had shown has bled dry.

And I walked the streets alone,
Accepting the pain I'd never known, as You died.
Then I hurt myself to see it too,
To feel the knife put in You,
My heart as broken as my ways.
I never should've let it pass,
This fall was never meant to last.

The reason gone and damage stays.
- Demon Hunter, One Thousand Apologies

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.