Monday, July 24, 2006

info @ the P.Pole 07.24.06

5 things i received from Longlac:
  • Julia's hand-made bead cross
  • Brittney and Megan's mixed CD
  • Marty's ring and bracelets
  • short notes to me from friends
  • email addresses
So basically, I got back from Longlac last Sunday. I haven't posted anything about it so far nor do I really ever intend on doing so. I personally don't think public sharing of stuff is very useful. It doesn't seem right to me in my mind, I don't know why though. It's also too hard to correctly relate something like the Trip on a blog post. Many people have already asked me how the Trip was, and I've pretty much given them all the same response: It was good. That's pretty much as much as most people actually want to hear and as much as I feel like saying to most people so it works out. It was good, interesting, tiring, draining, fun, and rewarding, along with a lot of other stuff too. I am comforted, however, that emotional was one thing that the Trip wasn't. Well, sure there were times when I felt glad, or sad, but nothing like, you know, off the deep end.
So I actually want to share a little teeny bit about my take on the Trip here, just because I never did anywhere else though I was given the opportunities -- again, I don't know why I chose not to. I didn't go to Longlac expecting a life changing experience, or to see what God was doing, or to play with children, or to make friends, or to have fun, or to learn, or to etc... I went not really expecting anything just because God is unexpectable. Yam said it quite rightly in my mind when he said, "Our job isn't to come prepared. We can only make sure we're ready and willing to hear God's voice and then to do it." We can't possibly know the future or plan everything out because God is spontaneous and will probably not follow our plans. Ministry can't be contained to a grid on paper, I don't think. Anyway, about all that stuff I wasn't expecting to necessarily happen happened as by-products of going up and not seeking them out. It was good that way. And that's all until further notice.

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.