Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Gamer's Fancy

I don't normally link to other blogs' posts, but this one I thought you would be interested in (click title for the short, nerdy post). What I enjoyed in particular was this person's (i.e. "chetho") comment:
My girlfriend plays almost all video games with me.... That's one of the reasons I started dating her. And no, she's not a man. or ugly, or fat.
I think why he had to make sure to explain that this "girlfriend" was not of the highly undesirable (for a girlfriend) sorts. To find a girl who enjoys gaming as much as yourself (or at least enough to play with you) is indeed something very special, if not nearly impossible altogether.

In other gaming news, I thoroughly finished and refinished God of War and have moved on to Final Fantasy XII. It's been slow to start but the game's really picking up speed with me. I find myself actually working harder than normal just so that I have more time for gaming. Yes, it's pitiful, but I count it as one of the few unadulterated pleasures I can enjoy.
I used to get hassled a lot by my parents (especially my mother) but after we had an experimental phase (consisting of mostly me playing a load of games and many tests over the same period of time), we found that my hours spent with my electronic mistresses had no effect on my marks. Nowadays, they abandon me to my games and I them to their... whatever they do for fun (television? clean the house?).
But to return to my original topic, I found it pretty awesome of Crystal to actually play me in Winning Eleven when she came over the other day (and not completely suck at it either!). I mean, I was creaming her the first few rounds, but she actually managed to score a couple on me near the fourth or fifth matches... Good times? Yes. Now all I have to do is find a way to get her to like Die Hard movies and we'll be set.

Labels: , ,

Thoughts:

00:04, Blogger hoimin:

i was about to send that post to you when i saw it, but i figured you'd have read it. win.

 
09:38, Blogger gusto5:

Lucky you. Now if you were this lucky in HL2, you'd also be set : )

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.