Sunday, August 28, 2005

strike a nerve, watch it burn

so today Art's talk was about / relating to Blogging, something which slowly integrated itself into my daily routines... what can i say, it's beneficial. it's therapeutic in some ways, and a creative way to vent all these thoughts and the energy i've got while i'm still young and caffeinated. but there is something i didn't quite agree with in Art's message, and that's about the "deepest, darkest" thoughts of his. i mean, for me, most / all of my personal life is posted here or at least mentioned. what's the big deal? i mean, if you keep everything inside, that can't possibly be healthy so why not share that stuff with the world (i.e. my few, but very much treasured readers who happen to be my friends)? i think it's fine. it's good way to get these thoughts (especially the dark, creepy ones) outside of me instead of inside, where they can mess with my mind and whatnot. it relieves stress to write about it and get feed back (most of the time). and you know, being the wuss i am, it helps me get the message across without actually having to confront others directly...
speaking of confrontations, i just had a little argument / discussion with a friend from last year (though, i doubt we will be friends any longer). i wonder whether God will spare me or let me slide back into relapse again when September rolls around... i certainly hope i won't fall back in line, but i'll help regardless of what i make it look like. she was a bad influence on me anyway (she was quite distracting, back when i was stupid so don't worry, you). i best avoid her.
anyway, back to the subject. we sort of fell into a discussion of whether the end justifies whatever means an individual takes to achieve it. our topic was whether i was right to lose respect for artists who use drugs. i was firmly opposed to such a notion (and i believe i am right) because it's not really creative art if you need a couple hits of LSD - hey look, a Beatle... - to write something "inspired". i even went as far as to say that such thinking - "i love the music and i don't care what they had to do to make it" were her almost exact words - is parallel to that of the ruthless. my example: war. say you need to take out one man. you could risk (and most likely lose a few of) the lives of your own countrymen and send in troops to take him down, or you could just bomb the Hell out of the entire city block. both are feasible, both have adverse effects (either you lose your own men, or a blockful of innocent - but estrange to you - people meet their Creator). by her type of thinking, it wouldn't really matter which way, as long as the one man is taken down. so then all of a sudden the bomb is an actual option, which to me is a disgusting and blood thirsty way to do things. after i had her cornered, she goes and dismisses me as annoying. way to go and lose my respect.
i guess i must be doing something right, though, if i'm bugging someone by challenging their ideals... right? someone tell me i didn't just piss someone off for nothing.

EDIT: i personally don't really care whether people read my blog or not (i like it when people give me feedback and comment though) and at the same time, i don't consider what i write about - which ranges from excessively general to almost personal - to be my "deepest darkest" thoughts, even though i've strayed close. i only bust out the good stuff in actual conversations. that's according to my own judgement by the way, so what you consider intimate may not / probably isn't what i would call truly intimate. that was for tim.
and to herm, well i guess it's not so much as lose a friend over such a small thing (as we were drifting anyway) but she was the one to end the discussion, and on quite an ugly note too... it's just, now that i look back and think about it, our relationship wasn't exactly doing anyone any good. that's more of why i think it better to not hang around people like that... "a company is only as good as the people it keeps."

Labels: ,

Thoughts:

16:58, Blogger blkmage:

Blogging, hm? What about it exactly?

My blogging has really changed. I got a livejournal near the end of 2003. Basically, it was an account of my life. A badly written account, not unlike the drivel written on MSN sometimes.

That changed over the year, and eventually, I started writing properly, that is with capitialization, headings, and paragraphs. I also went from writing about my boring life to writing about what I think of things.

So no, it's not my deepest and darkest secrets. I'd be retarded to publish those on the world wide intarnets.

 
17:11, Blogger ten:

we have your back!! at least this time ar haha

so yes most of the time i dont believe "the end justifies the means"... and since i cant think of any exceptions right now, i guess i'll leave it at that. if we need the creativity, God will give it to us. no need for lucy in the sky with diamonds. look a beatle x2

 
17:28, Blogger hoimin:

a machiavellian conundrum that is...
i agree with your point, but i find it pointless to lose friends over a clash of opinion or belief at this level. great that you stood up for what you believed. to you it's Truth. to her, it's just another opinion. she'll probably go into management or business marketing. but if it really comes down to her making such a choice (re: costly ground assualt or widespread bombing) i doubt she'd still hold the same viewpoint. actions > words. don't be so quick to cut people off. everyone is still growing.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.