Thursday, July 27, 2006

All Good Things Must Come To An End

So it's about nap time for me right now, and I'm festering here in this place I call home (for now -- i.e. the next 2 years at least). I think I'm still suffering from an extreme case of post-TC syndrome, only, it's for post-Longlac. I miss the guys from Cornerstone and the random joking at Tony's expense. I miss not doing anything specific yet getting so much more done than normal. I miss the swims at Pamela Lake and sleeping in the church basement. I think I miss the people up there the most. The children are friends and peers -- the ones I was drawn to anyway. Sure, the little ones are cute and everything, but the older ones that I got to know were ever so interesting. I like people watching. It was fun to just take walks and talks with maybe two or three of whoever's out around the reserve and observe their mannerisms and behaviour -- as I'm sure that that's what they were doing to us whether consciously or not. I miss promising Marty to come back after dinner and bugging Megan about Chris. I think I might even be missing the pinching and poking (not so much the "hump-by-a-moose"ing). I wonder what they're up to. Probably walking to the convenience store and buying slushies. Or maybe playing cops and robbers in the bushes. I just wish I could be there instead of here. I'm finding myself totally bored and apathetic with the things of Toronto. The concerns of city life are completely bogus.
Anyway, enjoy the song (click title).

Labels:

Thoughts:

20:31, Anonymous Anonymous:

what you did at longlac, consider doing it here because longlac is an eyeopener. also, in the city there's a lot of people waiting for Him too.

 
23:06, Blogger ten:

understooood
been there.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.