Thursday, September 14, 2006

info @ the P.Pole 09.14.06

Firstly, what happened in Montreal yesterday is totally messed up, a genuine product of the System. It's tragic really. But life goes on. Though I do not wish to disregard/ignore what has happened, I am forced to continue on with life, just like everyone else. Just like with the stabbing that happened. Just like with the girl who got herself smashed on the concrete sidewalk after falling off a balcony while in a state of drunken delirium. Life must go on, I suppose.
On a happier note, I'm going to be attending "Yearbook Camp" from Friday, 3:15 pm until Saturday, 10:00 pm. Lots of stuff to do and be done.

5 things that I'm hoping to get done in the next few days:
  • finalizing a theme for this year's yearbook
  • getting to know some people on the committee better
  • tackling and hopefully seriously thinning out my huge pile of homework
  • restoring my computer to its previous save-state/image file and reconfiguring all the tweaks (soon to be noted and posted about, after re-tweaking)
  • resolving this smouldering... je ne sais quoi that I've found inside of me
Camp should be interesting, if not very much fun for someone like me, who doesn't share particularly strong bonds with people outside of my Christian circle -- then again, it's never too late to start working on it. Many times I find myself interacting with school friends not really out of volition, but more out of necessity. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy their company. I love how me and "the guys" can play frisbee one day and somehow end up discussing and debating the meaning of Truth the next. In fact, that's what happened yesterday. Many times I find myself with "views" or "beliefs" that are conflicting or "stumbling blocks" to my friends', and vice-versa. I think it's great and truly a blessing to have such intellectuals as companions and peers, that we can debate and argue and prove and disprove to one another, constantly learning and re-educating. To understand and to teach are two beautifully inspired needs of human beings. Woo, what a digression.

EDIT: Photos will come shortly thereafter, if there are indeed any notable ones.

Labels:

Thoughts:

13:32, Blogger mrs. bloom:

thats so coool! youre grwoing up fast and next thing you know it your the seior editor for your sucky school's yearbook =) have fun/ lots of pressure. and thats my encouragment! GO CARL! you can do it. =) and you dont suck after all =).

 
19:51, Blogger dorr.:

yeah, my cousin was on the 7th floor when the shooting happened. pretty freaky. her friend got shot =S

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.