Friday, September 01, 2006

Hey Girl

Carve your heart out yourself.
Hoplessness is your cell
Since you've drawn out these lines.
Are you protected from trying times?


Man it takes a silly girl
To lie about the dreams she has.
Lord it takes a lonely one
To wish that she had never dreamt at all.


Oh look now,
There you go with hope again.
Oh you're so sure
I'll be leaving in the end.

Dig your ditch deep enough
To keep you clear of the sun.
You've been burned more than once;
You don't think much of trust.


Oh look now,
There you go with hope again.
But I'll be sure your secrect's safe with me.
Oh you're so sure
I'll be leaving in the end,
Treatin' me like I'm already gone.

But I'm not! I will stay --
Where you are -- always!


I will stay...
I will stay... (Oh look now, there you go)
- Dashboard Confessional, Carve Your Heart Out Yourself


Hello all. I don't know if you know this, but I've taken up listening to Dashboard Confessional (known as "DC" henceforth) lately. Yes, they're emo-esk (and their latest album, Dusk and Summer, is quite whiny even for emo-standards) but I find that the overall image of the band/artist doesn't really stand out in my mind if I find that the song is relevant/meaningful. More on this later, if I have time before school starts.
Speaking of school: No.

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.