Saturday, August 12, 2006

Love Song

I have sung my songs of praise, thanksgiving on my lips,
Bowed low, and worshiped You.
But now I'm coming close, closer than before,
For the veil is torn in two.

Now that I am here with You,
There's no place I'd rather be.
Now that I have felt Your touch,
Make Your home in me!

I feel so safe with You, acceptance in Your voice.
You whisper tenderly.
You are my beloved, chosen one, my friend.
You're so precious to me.

- (Who sings this?), Make Your Home In Me


I realize this is a worship song, but don't you think it makes an awesome love song to a lover/spouse too? Then again, that's because all good worship songs are essentially love songs to God the Lover. But seriously, almost every line I could see myself saying to my wife (you know, the One that God will hopefully give to me to serve and protect years from now). Highly mushy material. I like it. ^ - ^
I don't actually have the song (so no download for now, sorry). It was part of the praise and worship set... technically last night. I liked the song a lot because it got me thinking about who I am called to be, which is both a part of Christ's bride and (hopefully) a God-fearing man/half third of a marriage. I've really got to get my act together. I will Dei gratia.

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.