Saturday, September 30, 2006

Map of the Problematique

Fear and panic in the air.
I want to be free
From desolation and despair.
And I feel like everything I saw
Is being swept away
When I refuse to let You go.

I can't get it right.
[I'll] Get it right, since I met You.

Loneliness be over.
When will this loneliness be over?

Life will flash before my eyes.
So scattered and lost,
I want to touch the other side.
And no one thinks they are to blame.
Why can't we see
That when we bleed, we bleed the same?

I can't get it right.
Get it right, since I met You.

Loneliness be over.
When will this loneliness be over?
Loneliness be over.
When will this loneliness be over?
- Muse, Map of the Problematique


Okay, so we all know Muse rocked with "Absolution". And indeed they continued to rock on with "Blackholes and Revelations," their latest conception to date. I've been bo-ing it (chinese term for "boiling [extensively]" which essentially means that I've been listening to it quite a bit lately) and really, it's a quality album. Quite worth money. I'd buy more music if I wasn't so poor.
Speaking of poor, I went downtown today (for the university fair) with some buddies and after lunch, I remember quite clearly saying "...I can't because I'm poor." and spotting a homeless person not 2 meters from me the second after. What a total assbrain I am. I felt terrible for the following moments as I was caught so unnawares and couldn't even gather myself to go back, apologize, and give him a small token of my sincerity. Instead, we walked on and I acted like nothing happened. Now there's a problem.
amely, there are totally spoiled US, yes, all of us in the Global Freakin' North who are totally well off for the most part, and we whine about not having enough, about needing things we obviously don't, and basically taking a lot of things we have for granted. I'm by no means excluded from this group, though I wish I was. There must be something that can and should and damn well better be done for this world.

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.