Thursday, February 22, 2007

Dr. F. Cox

That was printed in bright neon pink on a sign I saw for a clinic in the Finch and Yonge area. I happened to be on the return trip from this badminton season's first match (against Earl Haig of all schools--they were exceptionally good last year). Henry and I faced off against two mostly nondescript opponents today in Boys Doubles B, and lost. Score-wise, it was a terrible showing (the best score being 15:8 for them) but in terms of the actual rallies and overall skill level, I'd have to say we were on par if not better than them. They were... consistent. It's funny how consistency is my problem with my badminton game too.
We played a good game and held our own, but gave up our serving opportunities (and thus, points too) far too easily (which explains the ugly scores).
On another note, my talk with Arthur went poorly enough (as I'd predicted awhile ago). Without boring you with the details/flaming Arthur here, I'll just say it was an unpleasant ordeal that I won't be making the mistake of willingly subjecting myself to again anytime soon. A part of me (the less angry/bitter/brooding part) actually realizes the great tragedy that lies in a pastor being unable to connect healthily with his... what the hell am I to him? A "pastee" (or maybe a prospective paycheck... okay, too cynical)? Well whatever I am, I can't find myself being able to trust this person fully with my anything.
Sure, I'll hear what he has to say about Scripture (God knows he's spent more time studying it than I have). I'll even assume his reasoning/logic processes are valid before he even speaks if I'm in a good mood. But time and time again I find that we've been unable to connect properly (like a Pokemon Silver to a Pokemon Red) and this wreaks havoc on our "discussions".
I think Gob from AD said it best when he flipped out at Annyong with, "Augh--! Would you just --! Gaugh, this f--'n kid!" Then again, maybe I'm just a sarcastic, bitter, and unbalanced teenager who has got some major character flaws.

Labels: ,

Thoughts:

22:35, Anonymous Anonymous:

We'll cream the next team, I promise:<. A few more singles games and we're set. The if-we-win-I-buy-you-a-drink thing is still going on!

 
22:06, Blogger gusto5:

A little cynical there. You're also his brother, despite the immense (okay, somewhat immense) age gap.

Just bring the right things to the table, and even Gold and Red will be able to trade it up.

 
22:14, Blogger gusto5:

As much as you'd like to show off your Lugia and Ho-Oh to some trainer in Red, You're just gonna have to stick with the original legendary birds.

Or I suppose the OTHER thing you could do is upgrade his game pack. How? *shrugs*

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.