Wednesday, February 14, 2007

info @ the P.Pole 02.14.07

This is my Valentine's Day post. Yes, I'm surprised I acknowledged such a fluffy special day too. First off the bat, some Bible reading from 1 Corinthians 7:1-40 (longish passage). This will be the passage Hosanna will be digesting and working over this week at the church so perhaps it would be good for any attenders to read it over before coming. It has relevance to today since well, it's got to do with marriage. Since today's the day that many hopeful boys will be popping "the Big Question" to patient girls, I figure it'd relate.

3 things in short supply today:
  • Roses: Boys think girls like flowers, even though they don't understand why. Girls like flowers, but don't ask me to explain why.
  • Chocolates: These tasty aphrodisiacs are no doubt going to be going like hot cakes today. I never could figure out the connection between buying a girl a box of chocolates on Valentine's, but that was before I heard about this candy's magical pant-loosing properties.
  • Relaxation: What can I say? It could be a stressful time for anyone with any kind of romantic expectations. Will he? Won't she? Rinse and repeat. I think we all know about that funny feeling you get in your stomach (not the kind you get when you've food poisoning and hardcore diarrhea for a week) when you're with a special someone of the opposite sex... or of the same sex if you're into that kind of stuff.
Today was an interesting day (not exactly full of romance... but the night is still young!). Okay, I lied, it was really quite mundane (at least up until now). Had a normal school day with a good but short badminton practice after school.
I've not posted recently, mostly because of school and Hosanna. I'll be posting later to report on this Friday's coffee with Arthur experience so watch out for that I suppose... I actually hate it when he's the one to ask me to go out for a drink since I can never tell whether he has anything specific he wants to bring up or if he wants me to talk about my life (not my forte with most people). We'll see what happens.

EDIT: And for the romantic musical types out there, here's She Is by the Fray. And as for Moyee's request, here's Question by Rhett Miller.

Labels: , ,

Thoughts:

22:05, Blogger ten:

i'm surprised you didn't link "the question" by rhett miller (again).. but it's all good.

i like grass. take that, you're wrong!

 
12:43, Blogger ten:

FALSE! i have it.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.