Monday, June 04, 2007

info @ the P.Pole 06.04.07

Today's a special day because it's the first info post of June as well as it being another 4th of ________ (month). Those have been special for awhile now and I've grown fond of commemorating them in small ways.

5 things that made me teary recently:
  • watching the Team Hoyt video (see end of the post) that was part of the "ASK" sermon yesterday--I don't even know how to begin describing how inspiring the story of this father and son is... watch the video and go to their site
  • downing a glob of wasabi the size of half a large marshmallow at Starwalk Buffet last Friday to stay in and win an eating contest between myself and Henry
  • yawning uncontrollably today during badminton at the club because I didn't get enough sleep last night
  • having to cut open the scrotum to reveal the testes (on my dissection pig at school)--I was the only one who could do it since David was squeamish and Amy, being the innocent little (and little as in petite) girl she is, wouldn't know her way around these parts
  • attending a Sunday baptismal service (Jessica Lu's, no less) at Morningstar Fellowship church (at Morningside and Sheppard, formerly Churchill Heights Baptist Church)
Something about yesterday's double whammy of Sunday services (first at TJCAC and then at Morningstar) made for a seemingly endless service. It was a good Sunday, a good day of renewal and refreshing of the soul's viscera. Morningstar Fellowship has something that I think Jaffray is lacking... but I can't place it exactly. Anyway, here's the video I promised.

Labels: , , ,

Thoughts:

14:10, Anonymous Anonymous:

http://spinnerdisc.com/TPN.html

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.