Wednesday, February 02, 2005

i see you walking down the street...leaving already?

one day an aeon from today, we'll cross paths again. we'll give each other the mandatory nods, ask one another "how are you?" and by now we won't know what to say. you'll find that i've changed, as i you. but all that is secondary. all i know right now is that i'm hopelessly in love with you, but you know nothing of it. i wish i could talk with you twenty-six hours a day. i wish i could walk with you nine days of the week. i wish i could wake up to your face three hundred sixty-seven dawns of the year.

i love your fathomless eyes scintillating with cunning. i love your wavy hair and your curvy hips. i love your stunning smile and your elegant poise of a refined woman. i love your readiness and ability to perk my spirits. i'm scared that i'll never talk to you again, never walk with you again, never wake up to you again, and it's killing me. but it's the price i pay for coveting things that just don’t seem to be in the cards.

i see you walking down the street. as usual, you’re oblivious to me, happily hanging on to his arm. it takes me all the reserve i can gather to stop me from yelling out. how could anyone else possibly appreciate your charm as much as me? but you seem to be so happy, draped across his arm, like a gaming prize, and so i stand there, the air growing colder, staring at your back as you leave me once again...

“this place is so empty.
my thoughts are so tempting.
i don't know how it got so bad.
sometimes it's so crazy that nothing could save me,
but it's the only thing that i have.”

- pieces - sum 41

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.