Sunday, August 14, 2005

And leave it to me...

And just like that, it flickered and went out.
Simple, clean yet disgusting at the same time.
What have I done? I'm not a murderer!

And there he lay, still, quiet, silenced.
Collapsing to my knees, I felt a numbing.
It travelled from my fingers into my core.

And then I looked dumbly at my encrusted hands,
Drenched in blood that suffocated after drying.
I can't breathe. I've got to get out of here!

And that's when it hit me, no one was coming.
Good, actually. I must hide this bloody body!
I'll clean this up, and no one will know. Ever.


And then came the imprisonment, slowly at first.
All too consumed with my grief, I didn't notice,
Until it was too late, and I was trapped.

And so I'll stay, in my oddly comfortable prison.
No one will ever find the carcass if I stay here.
I'll be here to guard this secret forever.


And there I sat, embracing the so battered body.
A sense of elation came upon me without warning.
Everything was going to be okay. Good...

And then I looked out of my prison bars.
There were others just like me, sitting,
In our prisons, smiling with false teeth.

And then the cold hit me, unbearable, deathly.
I shuddered and shivered, I suddenly panicked.
I've got to get out of here or I'll die!

And then I noticed the markings on my palms.
These were identical symbols: black, sinful.
I knew right then what it was: a branded label.

And I rubbed at it, revealing new, equally charred flesh.
What the hell?! I scrubbed harder, now drawing new blood.
It looked like real blood, if blood flowed black.

And then I heard him growl, a rumbling utterance.
I looked up and he was prowling, he was enjoying.
Nice work, he said, applauding my corpse.

And that's when it came, a flash of brilliance.
Dazzled by the light, I stumbled back and fell.
Get away from him, I heard a voice command.

And so He came down to me, out of the sky.
As much as I longed, I could only look on.
For when He came, I was still imprisoned.

And just by His look, I knew what He had in mind.
But there was no way I could let Him, not for me.
I did this to myself, I've got to stick with it.

And He just replied, It's alright. Leave it to Me.
I stood at a loss for words, in His holy presence.
He lifted His finger and the metal bars gave away.

And He looked at the lifeless body, my dead body.
He grabbed it and put it on His strong shoulders.
He promptly stepped into my cell. You can't do that!

And He replied, I got it. as the bars closed again.
I could only look upon His loving, yet pained face,
A part of me died right there.

And that's when I felt Him, my hand in His.
I turned and saw my Hero, Savior beside me.
I couldn't believe it, so I looked back to my former cell.

And I saw nothing. Not a fragment, not a trace of it.
The chains, death and all. None of it remained there.
I looked back to Him to find Him beaming at me.

And all I could do was fall to my knees. I cried at His feet.
For what seemed like all too little time, all I did was weep,
At His feet, in His presence.

And then He reached down to my chin and lifted my eyes to His own.
Is this any way to rejoice? We've already wasted enough time here.
Let's get moving, we've got a lot to do.


And that was only the beginning.

Thoughts:

22:07, Blogger Swirlee:

wow. (i mean the post, not the lakewater :P)

 
21:22, Blogger quierdo:

hsc.. was fun =)

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.