Friday, December 30, 2005

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Christmas has just recently passed, and I decided to watch this movie again. I say 'again' because this movie, by Tim Hurton, in indeed one of my all-time-favourites. If no other movie were to be on that list, this one would -- I first watched this movie when I was around the kindergarten-grade 1 ages (it came out in 1993, for your trivial info). To this very day, I love this movie. It's just very well done (and slightly 'out-there'). I love the songs and the ambient music of this movie (courtesy of Danny Elfman). I remember hearing the background music of Kingdom Hearts' Halloween Town World -- basically music taken directly out of the movie -- and getting flashbacks of the NBC. They 'filmed' this movie painstakingly frame by frame over a duration of 3 whole years, using 230 different sets. Sick.
This movie's plot revolves around Jack the Pumpkin King, who, having achieved excellence, sets out to find himself. In the woods, he stumbles upon a door unto Christmas Town. Naturally, he ventures forth, discovering a new, bright, and vibrant new world. Enthusiatic and inspired, he decides to take it upon himself to bring about Christmas. All the while there's this... 'creation' of Dr. Finkelstein, a doll reminiscent of Frankenstein (only, female) who loves and cares for Jack. Jack is not totally aware of her feelings towards him -- he actually acts as if he doesn't realize her affection at all -- and Sally is all too shy to tell him outright. Anyway, you're gonna have to see it to really get it. I can tell you right now, imagine... the OPPOSITE of the Grinch's story.
I can safely say that I love this movie and it loves me. (>_O)

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.