Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Everglow

So yesterday my day started at around 9 to 10 AM. I awoke to find a beautifully brilliant day awaiting me. That's the best way to wake up: when the sunlight filters through the drapes and the glowing light plays off your eyelids. Anyway, I didn't do much for the morning before leaving with Moyee for Mitchell's. We shopped around and I found the "Apathetic EP" that she was so desperately looking for -- it was actually pretty blatantly displayed, but she missed it x9999. I later spotted "The Everglow" by Mae, an album I thought I would not mind posessing at the time. Now, I am sure of it. I promptly bought it along with Moyee's Tse-Dee.

1. Prologue
2. We're So Far Away
3. Someone Else's Arms
4. Suspension
5. This Is The Countdown
6. Painless
7. The Ocean
8. Breakdown
9. Mistakes We Knew We Were Making
10. Cover Me
11. The Everglow
12. Ready And Waiting To Fall
13. Anything
14. The Sun And The Moon
15. Epilogue


This album, "The Everglow", is so amazingly good. It's chill without being boring -- Coldplay, I'm looking at you. The guy -- Dave Elkins -- sings very... prettily. It's got a bit of an unearthly air to it; it's hard to describe. Perhaps it's also because of the harmony of the keyboard dude, Rob Sweitzer. They like, harmony everything, which is fine by me. The lyrics are le ging, and I think I've found another band to become infatuated with. First it was... Linkin Park (when I was a kid). Then came a bunch of random crap. Then onto Pilate, and then TFK and Blindside. Relient K came sometime before, died, and then came back (once I heard the Anatomy album). Then just recently DCFC, and now Mae.

I'm hoping this one's more than just infatuation though. Only time will tell. I think I've finally found one to settle down with -- fits me quite nicely and I can see myself cherishing it for a long, long time.

And our hearts are on the Everglow. So just let go and fall into it. And our hearts are on the Everglow. Deep inside we both know it. Everything's hanging on this moment. And our hearts are on the Everglow. Every action makes a reaction. We'll figure it out and make it happen. And our hearts are on the Everglow. So just let go and fall into it.
- Mae, The Everglow


Everglow. Everglow. EVERGLOW.

Labels:

Thoughts:

21:37, Blogger ten:

RARW (improper roar) BLINDNESSS (+broke)

now, rk is impossible to get entirely sick of (unlike switchfoot) for me. maybe ur mae is like my rk >P

 
23:21, Anonymous Anonymous:

I LOVE MAE! GO MAE! they're so...too good for my ears.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.