Friday, December 09, 2005

Plans

This weekend, I plan on enjoying myself without the trivial distractions that I'm usually surrounded by. I plan on spending time just calming down and realizing that this is ultimately for my "good". I plan on using the least amount of words to convey ideas (only if I must) to others. I plan on dropping everything at hand to realize "His kingdom" which happens to be at hand.

'Cause all you see is where else you could be
When you're at home.
And out on the street are so many possibilities
To not be alone.

- Death Cab for Cutie, Your Heart Is An Empty Room


Today was a bad day, as much as I'd like to somehow see it another way to give God praise for it. Well, let's think now, shall **me?

I woke up groggy this morning, from lack of sleep + early wake up. It's tough to sleep with a guilty conscience. One (-) point.
My morning devotional was... actually quite good. Paul always knows just where it's at in terms of words and topics. He (God, not Paul) somehow manages to always make me read just what I need to read, to always remind of exactly what I have forgotten, to always know just the right words when no one else does to soothe me. God to me is like... (crude analogy ahead) lotion to my legs. There's two (+) points there (one for God speaking so clearly and one for Him giving me time to listen).
After, I left home in a mad rush (the rest of my family woke at 0730, when we usually leave at 0745). I sat a plain car ride to school. Well, God gave me that: a comfy ride to school in the mornings. That's a (+) point.
My school day started slow with science, where we spent time learning how to balance equations. I do not understand how it can take one human being so many words to teach so little. Retarded. And knowing me, if you don't capture me within the first moments, I could/usually lose focus/heart/attention/care. One (-) point for Mr. Zupo.
Silent reading time -- which I for one enjoy enormously -- came and went, during which I read my book, The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard. Yet again, God totally proves Himself to be a living, breathing, and most importantly, speaking God. I read what He wants me to read. I get/undertand what He chooses to give/teach. Lovely, and for that, two more (+) points (one for Him continuing to speak regardless of my broken state and me being able to hear Him).
English class was not much better than science. Mostly boring: presentations not worth marks = garbage presentations. Basically, I pretended to listen while i listened to tracks on my brand-spanking-new mp4 (as dubbed by sister Moyee) player. That was fun, especially when I sat directly in front of the teacher (who moved to the desk behind me at the back of the class) and she did not care one bit. Ms. Abrakasa's a G. One (+) for her.
Lunch was... nothing special. Sat, ate and talked with Henry from english and french. Cool guy, funny, and pretty awkward. I also talked with Kishon, le Man. Then I proceeded with approaching Joceline, Brendan, and Alison (mixed, white, and white). Funny discussions, random thoughts, etc. One (+) for lunch-time chatter.
Math class was boring, but not that bad. We had a "quiz" where the teach'd give us each a sin/cos function with many transformations. I watched as kids graphed a separate line for each transformation. Some punk named Alexander was scoffing at the teach (Ms. Yeganegi) calling me up. She gave me an equation and I stared at it for a bit. Then, feeling the need to show that I am totally capable, I graphed it in one fell swoop (well, a downward one and then an upward one for one cycle of the sin function). Alexander didn't like that, but Ms. Yeganegi did. That's two (+) points, one for erking a jerk and the other for me saving time/energy/chalk.
And then there was french, where we didn't do much and I'd rather not recount what we did. Boring. That's three (-) points.
Took the bus home and chatted with Aathmika (Tamil girl who busses with me) about music and whatnot. Nothing out of the ordinary. That's a (+) point for the company, but a (-) for the long ride.
Got home and left shortly for Moyee's. Had some ging congee and a different, but tasty sandwich. It's kinda like my thing, to go over to her place and mooch her food. (+) one just for Moyee's food.
In the car ride to church, I showed previously mentioned Moyee my new little music gadget and she was wowed. Ging leh? Well, (+) for getting a ride to Hosanna. (-) for having to lug my bass over.
Worship was alright, but was kinda... hehe, let's just say there were moments. (-) for that.
The program tonight was really bad, I'm gonna be honest. My group was assigned to a section (to decorate) and a girls group decided to do it for us. Oh well, but then I spent the rest of the time playing with snow and moving funiture. What fun. Actually, it was kinda fun, the playing with snow part. I managed to hit Crystal in the tummy with a snowball. That was kinda cool but I felt a little twinge of regret after. And it made it worse when she told me after that it gave her stomach ache... Whoops. All in good fun. Three (-) for crummy program, two (+) for playing with snow/pegging Crystal, but then a (-) for giving her a tummy ache.
Nothing else to report here, so let's tally.

TOTAL:
(-1) + (+2) + (+1) + (-1) + (+2) + (+1) + (+1) + (+2) + (-3) + (0) + (+1) + (0) + (-1) + (-2)
= +2

Therefore, my day as a whole was good. Can you tell I'm bored? I hear it's amazing when the purple stuffed worm in flap jaw space does a raw blink on Hari Kari rock. I need scissors. Sixty-one!

Labels:

Thoughts:

22:52, Blogger ten:

i was a bit worried that it would add up to be a negative. yeeesh.

 
14:00, Anonymous Anonymous:

wow...that's too many numbers for me there. math, NOT my forte. sounds like you had an interesting/ordinary day. cool.

 
23:44, Anonymous Anonymous:

i find it interesting how you feel the need to write the ethnic backgrounds of all your friends.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.