Saturday, January 28, 2006

Scripture Readings

..are taken from Psalms 23-38, bold mine.
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He retoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
- Ps. 23:1-4

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in His holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
- Ps. 24:3-5

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
[...]Hide not Thy face far from me; put not Thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
[...]Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
- Ps. 27: 1, 9, 14

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise Him.
The LORD is their strength, and He is the saving strength of His anointed.
Save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.
- Ps. 28:7-9

The voice of the LORD divideth the flames of fire.
[...]The LORD will give strength unto His people; the LORD will bless His people with peace.
- Ps. 29:9, 11

Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
For His anger endureth but a moment; in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
[...]What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise Thee? shall it declare Thy truth?
Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be Thou my helper.
- Ps. 30:4-6, 9-10

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
[...]I acknowledge my sin unto Thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and Thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
- Ps. 32:1-2, 5

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the LORD: and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.
And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
[...]The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in His way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand.
[...]For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not His saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.
The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.
The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.
[...]And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.
- Ps. 37:3-6, 23-24, 28-33, 40

For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
[...]Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
- Ps. 38:18, 21-22

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.