Sunday, February 25, 2007

Haruhiism

I've got an addiction to a certain anime series called The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya that I've mentioned before. Well, having been linked to a Haruhi YouTube video from Tim's blog the other day, I've gotten myself hooked on the soundtrack too. Don't get me wrong, I loved the soundtrack even before then, but I'd never bothered to grab the actual lyrical tracks (as in non-background music tracks) until now. Here are two tracks for your J-Popping pleasure.
Do excuse the Japanese Engrish (more noticeable in the the second track) but Aya Hirano is the actual voice actress for Haruhi, and she's uncharacteristically decent at singing so I'm impressed. There are a few other YouTube Haruhis (notably God Knows w/ Gundams and the recording of Lost My Music) that are pretty fun too. There's just something about the dynamite combination of awesome anime mixed with Gundams (haha, the actual Gundam series episodes aren't the best IMO) that makes for fun times.

EDIT: Some more YouTube searching has yielded some beauties by Kurikinton Fox. He did covers/instrumental versions of "God Knows" and "Lost My Music" and both are ridiculously good. This guy's a monster.

Labels: ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.