Tuesday, February 27, 2007

info @ the P.Pole 02.27.07

5 reasons why this week is adding up to be a bottom-feeding one:
  • walked rather stupidly into a math quiz on a section whose lesson I happened to miss
  • got smacked by my math teacher for leaving my answer as a vector (I didn't see the magnitude signs/absolute value brackets)
  • wrote a biology test with next to no preparation because, not uncharacteristically, I forgot about it
  • answered a chemistry homework question on the board (not having done the actual homework beforehand) and had to correct the damned answer six times in front of the class
  • got hassled by my math teacher for scribbling on my desk and was subsequently forced to erase the tops of many other desks as well as my own
As you can clearly see, all these are to do with school. I think after hitting some pretty good peaks in my mental health/strength cycle, I'm now on the downside of that hill. If you didn't happen to already know this, your body and mine both run on biological cycles. There are three main ones, I believe, which are our emotional, physical, and mental cycles (I'm not sure about this but I learned it from a matchmaker quiz scam that my school ran last year). Each one runs on a different period length. Not surprisingly, the physical cycle runs on a 28 day period (my female readers above the age of ten should know what I mean instantly). The other two run on periods lasting approximately 22 days and... I don't really know, so we'll say X number of days.
Anyway, the point is that at different times, your "performance" will peak and you'll hit some pretty remarkable clocking speeds (yeah I'm a nerd). Half a period later, you'll be at the trough of your biological cycle and you'll basically be getting massive ping. So let's take mental performance for instance (as this is what I'm chiefly concerned about at the moment). At some point in time, you're going to get maybe a week or so of awesome responsiveness from your brain. This is the absolute best time frame to have loads of tests and assignments as you'll fly through them and be able to make all the necessary connections to totally pwn. Awhile after, however, you'll notice your mind slowing down. You'll notice sluggishness and hardcore brain-death if you're anything like me. You're also going to become more and more scatterbrained, lazy, and generally stupid as you progress into this stupid period.
And this stupid period is where I'm hoping I just passed. Generally my peaks and troughs aren't quite as long as an entire week but sometimes they'll last longer. Either way, I don't like feeling/ being stupid. I don't think anyone does. It's not really about marks here. It's more about getting things together and not being so unresponsive to stimulation (i.e. lessons, conversations, pretty stuff). Just yesternight I whipped out my bass and tried playing. And just as I suspected, I could hardly string together a coherent Hysteria (the one here I recorded just now).

Labels: , , ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.