Sunday, February 05, 2006

another one of these for you guys.

well, i've done this before and i'll do it again, since it seems to work so very well. here goes, my take on The Art of Breaking by TFK.
I've tried to hide it, but I can't sleep at night.
Everything I think about makes me feel like a version of myself.
[...]Don't talk if you aren't gonna tell me the truth.
Don't tell me you know and you've got everything under control.
We can't have it all, but we can break the fall.
This time I'm letting God, 'cause I can't take it anymore.
- Absolute

And sometimes when I-I look at me, I wish I could be somebody else.
[...]And will I lose my mind if it comes back this time?
If I don't turn out perfect will you be a friend of mine?
Are you ready to crawl out? Are you ready to take my hand and see?
Are you ready to crawl out, from within this slow bleed?
- Slow Bleed

I can't explain the energy that You give me when I'm left here alone.
And every time I pass you on the street, you won't even turn and look at me.
I never would of thought that things could go this far but please believe me:
I'll pick you up. Won't let you fall. I'll build your trust and it won't hurt at all.
[...]When **If I feel numb I'll let you know. I won't become what I was before.
[...]I think I might just lose my mind if I have to watch this one more time.
I can't explain how many times I've stayed for you when You were on my mind.
No one ever said that it was easy, so come out of the cold and stop your bleeding.
- The Art of Breaking

I'm a stranger that no one can see; a stranger to every part of me.
I'm a stranger to all that I know; a stranger everywhere I go.
[...]How much farther will I get? Man, I feel like such a moving target.
How many times will I slip before I find it? Until then I guess I'll just keep climbing.
[...]It's so hard when you're a loser. Heaven help us find our way.
And it's so hard 'cause I'm a loser. Heaven help me feel okay.
- Stranger

And it hurts when you're lonely, and I'm standing right beside you there.
And it hurts when you told me, that you'll try this on your own.
Hope you never hurt. Hope you never cry. Hope you never lose your way tonight.
Hope you never crumble. Hope you never fall. Hope you never throw away it- [all].

- Hurt (i would have posted the whole song, but that wouldn't work for this kind of post)

I need Your breath to stay alive and make me feel this way.
And I need Your eyes to look inside and watch how we collide.
[...]I find it hard to take, sometimes I feel like I could break.
And I hope You hear my prayer tonight. Can You hear my cries?
[...]Hey you, tell me what You want me to do. 'Explode like a hand grenade'?
Hey [Son of] Man, tell me what You want me to say. I'll drop like a hand grenade.
- Hand Grenade

Can you hear me? Stop. Look. Listen to my voice.
It was never my choce to feel all alone. This is my home.
Back up. You don't know if you've never been here.
You've never been to the place inside.
I face my fears; it takes everything I am.
[...]So breathe, let's leave until the storm is over,
Because I want to take you away.
- Move

I'm too scared to move; too scared to love.
Tell me what I am supposed to to.
I'm too close to see you, but too far to touch.
And too many times I've not done enough.
I'm too close to see you; too far to touch.
And too many times I've not done enough.
I'm too strong to hurt you, but too weak to crush.
I want to, oh, oh, let's go!
- Hit The Floor

I love the way you are, the way you move, the way you speak.
And I like the way You heal the hole inside, that's incomplete.
[...]I love the way you twist, the way you're so mysterious.
We'll have to stay in line, to let You know we're serious.
[...]Stand up, the time is now. Look at the faces in the crowd.
Do you want to just be one? Or will you choose to overcome?
- Go (i realize that there are parts that can be read as you talking about God, or about a lover, so i'll let you decide -- it's both at the same time IMO)

Let me in, these walls are closing in.
Sick of these holes I'm in.
Stuck outside and looking back in.
[...]Away, I'm sorry. I'm sorry.
And tonight, ignore me. Ignore me.
You know, I'm sorry. So sorry.
And I'm sorry.

- Make Me A Believer

Tried so hard to not walk away.
And when things don't go my way,
I'll still carry on and on just the same.

I've always been strong, but can't make this happen.
'Cause I need to breathe. I want to breathe You in.
[...]Took awhile to see all the love that's around me.
Through the highs and lows, there's a truth that I've known,
And it's You.

- Breathe You In

Labels:

Thoughts:

22:29, Anonymous Anonymous:

do you think i can borrow this cd? if you have it, that is.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.