Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hey Baby

So on the 24th of October, 2006, my auntie Iris gave birth to my newest baby cousin, a beautiful baby girl of a hefty 7.5 lbs. Iris is wife to my most favourite uncle, Keith (or Fu tao, which means "Bitter Head" in Chinese), and this baby is their first. Just looking at the first few photos, I instantly felt something inside of me melt a little bit. I don't want to come off as overly sentimental or emotional or touchy-feely--I assure you that I'm still 100% the XY chromosome I was before--but this baby is the cutest little bundle of rosy cheeks and little fingers and toes that I've ever laid eyes on. You've got to understand that Fu Tao was like an older brother to me, since he did play a huge part in rearing me in my critical years. He treated me so special, unlike all my other cousins who were his nephews and neices just the same. My uncle cared for me like I was his own, and now he has his own for real. I'm so happy for him and his wife and I pray that they'll have the most blessed of days to come as a family.
Oddly enough, I was given the task of naming this beautiful little bundle of joy (click title to see a small collage/pic) and I feel honoured. It's a big deal, a name for a child. I better not screw this up--though the final call is up to my dear uncle and auntie. But wow, such an awesome little thing... I don't understand how atheists live with themselves.

On a completely detached note, I kinda wanna have a kid...

Labels:

Thoughts:

00:32, Blogger gusto5:

having a kid involves marriage, and then you'll be the next married dude i know that plays ET : )

 
23:14, Anonymous Anonymous:

awww!!! that's sooo cutee! =) so many births this week lol.

 
13:17, Blogger ten:

totally unrelated tidbit (what an annoying word):
carla wife of turk also wanted a kid >__>

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.