Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I'm such a n00b.

I was up late last night finishing up physics homework (easiest course I've got this year, hands down) and just as I was in the process of shutting down my computer, I happened to remember to print something. Me being the irrational and hasty individual that I am, decided to press the manual restart button--you know, the little one that's hidden below or around the power button. Well that was an ass of a move, as Windows' "Saving your personal settings" was still on my screen. Essentially, I'd nuked my system files/user settings files something righteous and when I logged back on, lo and behold, my explorer bar was nonexistent along with basically everything else on my GUI except the wallpaper. I handicappedly tried to remedy things with my three finger salute, closing and restarting explorer.exe for example. Didn't work. So, resolving to sleep instead and worry about my computer account--with all its oh so intricate user settings and configurations--tomorrow (today). When I woke up, I found that my dad had already fixed the thing with a simple system restore. Needless to say, I got owned pretty badly and went to school hanging my head in shame.

Labels:

Thoughts:

19:25, Blogger gusto5:

lol, sounds almost as bad as accidently tapping the power bar into off mode, and corrupting the whole system : )

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.