Monday, April 16, 2007

info @ the P.Pole 04.16.07

5 things I wish I could do better:
  • sleep: I've started to run into some trouble falling and staying asleep at night, and I can't figure out why. Perhaps it has something to do with a lack of quietness in my head. I realize this may sound a bit out there, but I've got a lot of noise inside in the quietest settings--especially so when I'm lying awake at night.
  • work: I'm not someone who generally works too hard or too little, but I do think I could stand to pay a bit more attention to what's going on. Some people think I enjoy the feeling of slacking off and finishing up stuff at the last minute but that's just the opposite of it all. I don't like to rush--who does?!
  • kill: I've got a thing for driving the bird at the net when I clearly have the chance to kill it... I mean, when I get the chance to make the winning shot, I usually choke and manage to screw it up. Not only does this piss me off, this pisses off Henry (the Greatest Partner** I've ever had) too. Oh the woes of not being able to finish.
  • move: Whether on or off the court, I'm pretty sluggish when it comes to moving or being moved. My parents will testify to this. Let's just say motivation isn't really something I... Oh you finish this sentence.
  • conclude properly: Need I say any more?
**I played with a terrible doubles partner/player today. Playing with someone of this caliber really helps to put things into perspective. Like Henry playing with Dennis as his partner, I wanted my "normal" partner back so badly I almost refused to play with this other guy. It seems we always treasure something more after/while its gone rather than when we've actually got it. Henry, don't go anywhere. You complete me in a completely un-homosexual/literal way. And I'll leave it at that.

Labels: , , ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.