Thursday, June 14, 2007

Final Exam Season 2007

Next Monday will mark the beginning of exam week at VPCI and as I've previously mentioned, I've come down with something like an auto-immune problem. Nevertheless, here's the run down:
  • Monday - Exam Review Day = massive skippage
  • Tuesday - Biology (2 h) at 9 am and Chemistry (1.5 h) at 1 pm
  • Wednesday - No exam! Break day for sleep and some review I guess.
  • Thursday - English (2 h) at 1 pm
  • Friday - It's the big one, Math (2 h) at 1 pm
So that's what I've got lined up for the coming week. Tomorrow night I'll be heading to Hosanna to have a night's worth of guys' sports without girls around (win win!). I'm actually quite glad we're having a guys' night since we never get to actually compete for real with girls around... (this opinion of mine is also why I could never play mixed for badminton).
We were reviewing old tests in Biology today and I was quite surprised to find my results weren't half as bad as I'd thought (I've a terrible way of being relatively under-prepared for this class). Obviously, the marks weren't amazing but really, I'd say I did quite well. I could've done better but sometimes I don't really think it's worth the extra effort.
While walking through Fairview Mall today with my good friend Shivon, I came up with a pretty neat idea. I'm not going to say what it is since I wouldn't want to give away this kind of thing but I am pretty fortunate to have friends like Shivon (and Kishon, even though he'll likely never read this) around to keep me company. I mean, they may not be the most tactful or comforting friends at times, but they sure are honest. Seeing as how I've shared maybe only 2 classes with Shivon in my entire high school career, I'm pretty surprised that he and I are good friends to this day (I tend to not keep friends with whom I don't have things in common very well). I guess it's all thanks to Frisbee and ranting about school stuff.
Speaking of Frisbee, I've joined the TUC and the Junior's league in that club. Today was the second skills and training session of two but the first session I attended since I missed last week's. League games start next week and we get our stuff (rulebook and more importantly, one of their 1337 standard size and weight Frisbees) next week too. Today's scrimmage was pretty good and I think I played pretty well (not to mention the fact that my larynx burns when I breathe). See what I did there? I named the part that was on fire with Biology knowledge. These exams are going to be interesting. I just hope I get better sooner before later.

NOTE: Click title for Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" covered by Kanye West. This one was brought to my attention, rather appropriately, by Shivon so yeah, have fun.

Labels: , ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.