Monday, June 11, 2007

info @ the P.Pole 06.11.07

I've finally gotten around to listening to some tracks by The Academy Is... after hearing lots of good things from everyone in the punk-scene. To be honest, they sound a bit like a more melancholy Fall Out Boy but I'm not complaining.

Don't be so scared, we will not lead you on like you've been doing for weeks.
So you're selfish, and I'm sorry.
When I'm gone you'll be going nowhere fast.

Would you believe me if I said I didn't need you?
'Cause I wouldn't believe you if you said the same to me.
And near death, last breath, and barely hanging on.
Would you believe me if I said I didn't need you?

Don't be so scared to take a second for reflection,
To take a leave of absence, see what you're made of.
So I'm selfish, and you're sorry.
When I'm gone you'll be going nowhere fast.
So who's selfish, and who's sorry?

Someone, somewhere said some things that may have sparked some sympathy,
But don't believe. Don't believe a word you've heard about me.

Don't be so scared. It's harder for me.

Would you believe me if I said I didn't need you?
'Cause I wouldn't believe you, wouldn't believe you now.
- The Academy Is... - Skeptics And True Believers


There's almost nothing worse than group partners who refuse to do their parts. The only thing I can think of is group members who refuse to do their parts and refuse to pay me back for material costs. I'm not gonna name any names but you people owe me money and time.

Labels: , ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.