Sunday, January 01, 2006

I like the music.

I'm sorry, I just do. And I'm rather pleased with how I got all my favourite lines out (from the FUCT -- From Under the Cork Tree, if you were wondering -- album) in one clean post, rather than just spamming a whopper load of entire songs' lyrics. Now, I will proceed with doing that for my beloved (currently in the hands of le Moyee) Everglow by Mae.

"Did You know how You would move me? Did you know?
Did You know how you would move me?
Well, I don’t even think so,
But the moment's magic swept us away.
And it’s so close, but we’re so far away.
It’s so close, but we’re so far away."
- We're So Far Away

"More than words, you keep to yourself.
Like a curse that fares thee well.
...
I’ve got a feeling, it’s not the safest place to start.
This heavy breathing, it seems, we’re better off breaking hearts.
From the beginning, dulled down and lost with all its charm.
I just wanna wake up, wake up in someone's --
...
I just wanna wake up... in someone else's arms."
- Someone Else's Arms

"Now, I'm wanting this for sure,
And I'll beg for nothing more.
I'll plan all day and drive all night;
You'll love what's in store.
I can't seem to stop this now,
Even if it's not so clear.
And I'll take what I can get,
If you want me here.
"
- Suspension

"You put your nets out,
But still you chose to do without.

The only way to catch the butterfly,
Is never waiting for the wings, and...
...
I’ve been waiting for something.
I’ve been sitting for too long.
I’ve been waiting but oh tonight,
This one last try, goes on and on and on."
- This Is The Countdown

"These days and night blend into one,
But one more night is all I need.
Another chord from the symphony,
To float above the world for now.
To lose control is bliss somehow.
And wring the color from the grey,
Another chance to get away, oh...
Until this empty place is filled, I’ll keep pretending."
- Painless

"Oh, the night becomes the space that's somewhere in between
What I feel and what I'm told.
Sitting on the shoreline trying to figure it out -- figure it out! --
To find out the meaning, and reach it somehow.
(Will you) come over unannounced?
Silence, broken by your voice in the dark.
I need you here tonight,
Just like the ocean needs the wave.
"
- The Ocean

"So take care what you wish for, for it may come true.
But that September sky, how it whispered, 'I love you.'
But I couldn't take it,
Any longer, no I couldn't stand.
But the night brought sparks,
And the sparks brought flames.
And you had to be sure
This wasn't one of those games...
But I'm gonna show you
If you could just give me tonight.
"
- Breakdown

"We made plans to be unbreakable,
'Love' was all we knew.
No insurance for the unthinkable,
Blindly get us through.

We've been searching for a lifetime,
Short as it may seem.
Riding on the fumes that spark us,
While igniting dreams."
- Mistakes We Knew We Were Making

"Hey, what's the point in trying to get away?
The neverending search to find your escape --
It's gonna leave you cold.

Everything is better,
And everything is right,
And everything comes together,
And everything's done, tonight,
If you cover me."
- Cover Me

"We begin, breathe in.
Here's our chance to go for something.
So this is where we win, and take the game.
No blame. There's a neon light inside that shines
In tearing down the walls in the way.
I think that we've got what it takes to get this heart start beating again.
So take it all the way.
"
- The Everglow

"Write it in a letter,
but the words don't come out right.
Trying to explain how no one can do me like...
You don't understand how helpless I can get,
Since the day that we met...
Oh can you feel it yet?
It's never been more perfect being alive.
I've never been so satisfied! Oh...
I could feel something different for the first time."
- Ready And Waiting To Fall

"
The pain it won't even cross my mind.
There is wonder in everything.
The rope gets loose, and the chains unbind,
And I can do anything."
- Anything

Note: when I first heard this next song -- without hearing the album as a whole -- I didn't liked it at all, but within the context of the album, it turned out to be a perfect way to end it, IMO.

"Painted skies, I've seen so many that cannot compare
To your ocean eyes. The pictures you took
That cover your room, and it was just like the Sun,
But more like the Moon.
A light that can't reach it all.
So now I'm branded for taking the fall. Oh...
...
So when you say 'Forever',
Can't you see you've already captured me?
"
- The Sun And The Moon

Labels:

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.