Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Why I Prefer Tuesdays

"Lucky Star" episodes are subbed (thanks yous a.f.k.!) and available for viewing (read: torrent lovin') every Tuesday (at least, that's what I've been told and I don't bother checking on Monday night). This series, although consisting mostly of conversation between a group of teenage Japanese schoolgirls, just does it for me. I don't know whether this is a schoolgirl-fetish in the making or just the fact that this show is so different from the other stuff I like to watch (see Mythbusters, The Colbert Report, and anything conspiracy fanatical).
Last week's tribute to otaku and anime convention behavior was a real laugh for me because I sort of identify with that kind of stuff. Have you seen my Gundam collection? What about my Yu-Gi-Oh card collection (before they got steal-ded)? I've always wanted to go to Anime North and maybe I will next year if I can get veterans (Queenie and Joshua, I'm looking at you guys) to take me there so I don't get spawn-pwn't.
This week's episode was also quite good (not as funny as last week's IMO) but I simply loved the ending video that played during the credits. I even uploaded a copy (and I hope it doesn't get taken down since it's not my content). It's Minoru Shiraishi, a male voice actor/minor character from the show, singing (and karate-ing) to "Hare Hare Yukai" from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (yes, the "Haruhi-Dance" song). Here's the original song and dance from the anime too.

Labels: ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.