Thursday, February 03, 2005

the HALO jump was nothing short of...

coolest. entrance. ever.
(HALO Jump/Dive - high altitude low opening jump/dive)

it's official. i have successfully finished a run-through of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater @ 12:49 pm. here are my results:

Difficulty: Extreme
Play Time: 7 : 34 : 16
Save: 68 times
Continue: 0 times
Alert Mode: 0 times
Humans Killed: 135 people
Seriously Injured: 21 times
Total Damage: 4 life bars
Life Medicine Used: 5 times
Plant and Animals Captured: 34 kinds
Meals Eaten: 39 meals
Special Item: None

Title: Tsuchinoko (captured and kept the special Tsuchinoko snake throughout the game)

New Items Obtained:
if only i had my camera to take a real photo of these stats (i.e. 0 alerts/continues on EXTREME). i searched all over for my camera, but apparently my dad had taken it without notifying me first. my next thought was to see if the results would burn-in into my television set. i realized how much trouble i'd get in for doing that so i kicked that idea.

luckily, i saved after the results on a different file so that i can see them again (after about 30 mins of CG's and another 10 of credits, T_T)... very soon i will upload an unedited picture of these stats as cold, hard, definitive proof of my 135 kills which i should be ashamed of since it is a tactical espionage game... my normal playing style would resemble that of Rambo, run in with guns ablaze, but after discovering the joy of actually outsmarting the guards with or without force, i'll never go back. but still, no alerts on extreme? i'm glad that's over.

speaking of over, it struck me as being slightly queer that all my recent posts have been wussy and unmanly. they've been focusing mainly on feelings of affection and infatuation and blah blah blah. so, in fear of being considered to actually have feelings and to be touchy and emotional (which isn't what a male should be like), i have decided to switch gears and stay away from that general area for awhile.

let's see... what's there to talk about...

*silence... tumble weed*

hm, well, for one thing my arm hurts. yeah... uh, and i'll leave it your good judgement as my readers to decide whether this injury was sex related or not >_O. there, seems manly enough.

note: completed my markhor rank successfully on 02.04.05 @ 13:45. to see this run's results, click here. i received my much awaited EZ Gun for my efforts. woohoo. also note the +300 kills... boy that was fun. now, no more metal gear for awhile, lest i grow tired of this game... yeah right. while we're on the topic of snake eater, there are two parody videos that were officially published by konami japan.
EDIT: uploaded pictures of my results and items earned. i am currently working on a markhor rank run (all animals/plants/misc. foods in the game captured in one run) to get the EZ Gun (infinite suppressor/ammo, laser aim).

EDIT: uploaded a second set of pictures of my markhor run.

EDIT: added links to the official konami parody movies of snake eater.

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.