Monday, November 20, 2006

info @ the P.Pole 11.20.06

On Friday November the 17th, at approximately 11:07 am (part way through Philosophy class) I departed for the IB Guidance Office to file a formal complaint about one Ms. Olsheski, teacher of grade 11 IB English. This Olsheski has been working at my current school since the school term of 2004-2005 (having been hired in my first year of high school). Up until September of this year (2006), I haven't had the extremely sickening pleasure of being instructed by this genuinely hypocritical individual. The year started off rough for me, having been sent down to the guidance office to seek "proper correction of attitude issues" within the first 5 periods with her.* Things have not improved at all since then and have worsened quite exponentially.
If you're a new reader of the P.Pole, perhaps now would be a good time to browse back to an earlier post about this teacher.

5 complaints I made about Olsheski to Usprech (IB coordinator):
  • She arrives late to class by nearly 10 minutes frequently.
  • She hands out rubrics but does not mark accordingly or even use them.
  • She acknowledges (in writing!) plagiarism but does nothing about it, even rewarding plagiarized papers with high grades.
  • She teaches from materials that are not her own--either taken directly from another teacher's work or as of late, from a wikipedia article--and without a thorough or even just half-decent comprehension thereof.
  • She insists that her methods and teachings are correct even though they stand in stark contrast to everything everyone has ever learned in previous courses with far more credible teachers, refusing to accept the fact that she was wrong, thus valuing her own dignity and respect for her (of which I assure you there is naught to be found) over the correctness of knowledge passed from her to her pupils.
Now, after having boasted in doing this to my father during a car ride, my dad asked me "But will she find out that it was you who went to complain about her?" In my opinion, if I'm going to say something, I expect of myself to stand by it. If I say what I mean and mean what I say when it comes to this kind of stuff, then that shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, Usprech asked me, after all this calm and cool ranting, whether I was learning English or not, and I answered--not too quickly to give away my intentions of having her fired/transfered but not too slowly to seem unsure of myself--a firm and pre-decided "No." He became grave and pulled out a piece of paper to note everything I had said. Then he gave me very reassuring advice, to wait for him to deal with this, to come to him again if anything were to go amiss again, and to return in a week and tell him whether I see any difference. Now we play the waiting game. I actually don't want to see her fired--yes, within this cold and slow burning soul there is a hint of compassion--but I do want to see some justice done.

Labels: ,

Thoughts:

22:43, Blogger gusto5:

good call.

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.