Monday, November 27, 2006

So Old Man Usprech Did Follow Through

If you'll recall to awhile back, I posted about having spoken to my IB Coordinator/Guidance Counselor about one Ms. Olsheski's general lack of professionalism and competence. Well, after having pointed out that she was teaching the wrong thing as a commentary for grade 11 IB English--Olsheski, "A commentary is like an analysis essay, a-and an opinion and persuasion essay and a-y'know what I mean? All within the same written piece"--he promised he would correct this. And he did! Today, Ms. Olsheski (Old-chest-key as my man Yun--not in a homo-erotic way of course--calls her) promptly contradicted herself (without admitting to being wrong before, obviously) saying, and I quote, "A commentary is completely different from an essay. They are not the same and should not be thought of as the same." Hmmm. Whatever happened to an analysis essay, an opinion essay, and a persuasion essay all within the same piece of writing? Sure, I'm glad we finally get taught what's right (she even taught off the actual IB rubric and guidelines that we are supposed to be using, surprisingly enough), but I'm going to wait to see whether she actually follows the rubric this time before I start celebrating. The lesson of the day: guidance counselors can be very helpful. Also, I'm a total jerk when you get on my bad side. That's not very kind of me... but sometimes that's okay.

Labels: ,

Thoughts:

11:22, Anonymous Anonymous:

I guess you get some perverse satisfaction in trashing your teacher so publicly. But consider, this nasty rant reveals much more about you than about her.

...a total jerk...? It seems so. And it's not okay. Not any time.

It was easy enough for her to set things right. How can you remedy your mean spirit?

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.