Wednesday, December 20, 2006

New Look

Click title to see what I mean.
So the other day (maybe a few weeks ago) I decided on venturing a short distance away from my previous infatuation with Mac OS X (Tiger or Panther, though I had a bigger crush on Panther). I picked out a slick new skin (after some minor searching) called "aerial" by some guy named danilloOc. I stumbled upon this while searching for Windowblinds skins on deviantART and I was not disappointed. I was getting tired of applying tester skins that were designed for novelty/gaudiness and not for function and cleanness; I was pleasantly surprised with danilloOc's work though. Every part of this skin is clean and fits together well. Nothing looks random or frivolous. I really do like the look and feel of this skin. Just enough prettiness without being extravagant or gaudy. I hate gaudy.
Now, let's move away from someone else's work and check out my background. It's a tweak of a background I nabbed off of Andrew Bell's site (Creatures in My Mind) that is listed to the right under "The.Rest" in the menu. I added the splatter effect via Adobe CS2 (wonderfully powerful program: I don't care what people say about it's size, it's worth it, especially when you run it on a P4 with a gigabyte of RAM). I also made a background of the same theme for my Winamp player which--if you haven't noticed already--is neatly tucked away in the corner of my desktop. At the bottom, similar to last time I did a post like this, is my ObjectDock bar from Stardock, with a black tint this time 'round.
So what's the verdict on the new look? If you ask me, I think it works. Mind you I'm still running Flyakite OS X for the various effects such as cursors, system icons, start up/shut down sounds/etc. I'm actually somewhat screwed since I do believe I might have wiped my system restore point before installing Flyakite, and since Flyakite replaces system files, uninstalling it could potentially totally implode my machine like I unwittingly did about... a year ago. That sucks. I'm not about to tamper anytime soon. Not until I decide to totally format my computer and start over with only what I need (and not the crap load of programs my dad needs: he's got his own machine to do that on). That would include Firefox and Wolfenstein. Really, those are my only essentials.

Labels: ,

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.