Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Kinetic Auto Re-P-lay

A while ago (it's been at least a year I think) my Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay wristwatch died for no reason. This was a gift from my dear uncle Keith (my mother's younger brother) and I'd never worn it when I was smaller for fear of breaking or losing the watch. Someone told me (I can't remember if it was my father or my uncle himself) that the watch was very expensive. Anyway, it broke (as in stopped ticking) for no reason one day and I hadn't gotten it fixed. Today, my dad came home after forking out $40 for repair fees with a ticking and reanimated Seiko. It's now firmly attached to my wrist again.
It's surprising how many of my favourite and dearest possessions actually belonged to other people before. For example, there's my little bouncy blue ball which used to be Herman's. Then there's my green pencil case that used to be Keith's. My old school clear plastic ruler used to be my mother's and my Sony digital camera used to be my father's. Even random items like my umbrella of choice was, incidentally, my uncle's from HK. I'd say most of my stuff (including my PSX, the first gaming console I really played) belonged at one point to my uncle or some other person before. So here's me saying, thanks family and friends, for letting me have your stuff.

Labels: ,

Thoughts:

23:31, Blogger gusto5:

They're worth so much more this way =)

 

Post a Comment

Back

© 2005-2006 Carl Wong. All unspecified works original content. Not for use without permission.
This page is best viewed with anything following web standards. Sorry IE.